Have a few pieces of wood lying in your store from a previous project? A mini garden to re decorate?
Well then, get your GARDENING GLOVES!
Some days I just like to take up the challenge to build stuff rather than buying ready store products. My garden has started to look dull and boring with all the seasonal changes. I think making little things around the house gives it a very personal touch and also can be rather satisfying.
So after I finally managed to convince myself to stop binge watching, I decided to take some time out and create a mini fence around the garden.Luckily I already had left over wood pieces from a wooden pot stand I created previously.
Result? A mini garden make over that looks super cute!
- Bundle of wooden sticks
- A pack of nails
- 1 Hammer
- 1 Wood cutter
- 1 Drill
- 1 Measuring tape
Cut out wooden sticks as shown in the picture below in equal lengths using the woodcutter. These will be used to create the vertical fence sticks.
- Dig mud in equal distances to fix the wooden sticks into the mud
- Size of the gap between sticks will depend on the span of your garden area.
- Now cut out two long, thin strip of wood as shown below to connect the fences horizontally.
- Add both of the thin wood strips horizontally with the help of a drill and hammer to give it a more finished look.
Clean up the mess (Sorry can’t help the Monica in me) and enjoy your DIY garden fence.
As simple as the instructions look, this maybe a tad bit time consuming. You can always make it fun by involving a friend or a family member.
Funky tips to add your own touch:
- Paint the fence a funky shade
- Add led lights to give it that extra jazz
- Grow a creeper around the fence
Have a good day readers!